Tuesday, August 9, 2016

That time I cried making tacos...

Hey friends! 

I hope everyone is having a GREAT summer! 

We just got back from our annual trip to Watkin's Glen! While I love this trip it always marks the end of summer. After we get back its back to work for a couple weeks then the NYS fair & school starts and then its fall! 

Fall is my favorite time of year though so I really don't mind! 

We did something BIG yesterday! 

We registered our Dominick for KINDERGARTEN! 

We had originally planned on doing a second round of pre-k this year. (his birthday is 11/29 & the school cut off is 12/1) because he struggled a little bit last year and we thought this would help him. 

He started getting OT services in May to help with his fine motor skills, sensory processing & his muscle tone. They stop this month due to school IEP decisions etc. 

BUT he has made such progress! HE CAN WRITE HIS NAME! I know this is pretty typical of almost 5 year old's but this time last year he wouldn't even color! He would hold his writing instruments with a fist and not a 3 finger grasp. He wrote so LIGHTLY you couldn't even see it. He wouldn't play with play dough or paint & would do anything but color.

My sweet boy LOVES to craft now! He loves to color and he is getting so good at his penman ship skills. His name is tricky because its long but he's doing so well! 

So on to kindergarten to keep the momentum going & I am secretly hoping they see how big OT has been for us and extend it! 

SO we are taking a big leap & trusting in our child and letting him spread his wings and fly!

Last night it hit me- the whole kindergarten registration part. Of course I was making dinner and trying not to get tears in the tacos but I put my babies to bed  and realized that Dominick "isn't my baby" anymore in the literal sense, he will always be my baby ;) Suddenly he was school aged and seemed so grown up to me! I always knew this day would come...but it always seemed so far away! 

Its so true what they say- that it fly's right on by! It seems like just yesterday you were all new & squishy...then I blinked and he was trying baby food, then we were on to crawling & walking. Being a very trying two-year-old & a big brother all at once. You have grown & learned so much and I am impressed daily with all the knowledge you have. You teach me something new everyday and have such an appreciation for life! You always want to learn more! 

This boy who we have been through SO MUCH with in the last 5 years is starting his school career! We have had a lot of struggles with Dominick since day 1, he definitely didn't ease me into this whole parenting gig LOL As much as their has been trying times there has been so much good too. We have grown up together and he has made me such a strong, brave & determined momma because he is equally strong, brave & determined! 

He makes me proud of who he is and where he has come from EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! 

When I was little I always knew when I grew up I wanted to be a mom-  I am so incredibly thankful it was YOU Dominick that made that wish come true for me! 

I know you are gonna ROCK this kindergarten thing and while I am secretly nervous & holding back tears daily because I am not ready for you to grow up...I am gonna put on my brave face & smile so hard it hurts because I am SO VERY PROUD of you & cannot wait to see all the great things you do in life! 

I LOVE YOU FOREVER & EVER NO MATTER WHAT MY SWEET DOMINICK & I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR!



Love, Mommy! XO


No comments:

Post a Comment