Thursday, February 5, 2015

Organization: In the Kitchen!

 
 
Well, its been a minute since I have been able to write a post. I had promised a post on how I organize in the kitchen and then we got sick, all of us.
 
And to think I THOUGHT we were on the mend! It really has been a rough winter!
 
I had this post ready to go a couple weeks ago but at last here it is :)
 
 
When we bought this house 6 years ago in April one of the things we both loved was that it had a big eat in kitchen!
 
Our house in general is SMALL and was supposed to be our 5 year plan. After 5 years we would sell the house move to our forever home and have babies. HAHA that's what you get for planning ;) We plan to list our house this year but in the mean time, momma stays organized!
 
I used to drive my sweet husband crazy with how organized I am. That was until we had 2 kids, 2 adults and 2 dogs in this SMALL house. He once told me the only way we survive here is because I am always picking up & organizing :)
 
 


 
 
If there was anything I would change about our kitchen it would be the lack of storage space.
 
We have a small pantry that my hubby put shelves in for me, it used to be home to a ironing board they came out of the wall. Apparently common in old houses :) We never used it and it was a waste of space but I found it charming.
 
Lack of space requires every little thing having its own space.
 
 
Our panty, home to all cereals, boxed items, canned veggies, sauce etc.

 
This is our snack cabinet. On the top we keep all oils, vinegars, dressings etc

 
Over the stove we keep all our pastas, we have a container full of rice & one of flour, kcups etc.

 
 
This is where we keep all baking supplies, seasonings etc. The bottom shelf is ALL seasonings! We like to add flavor and do a lot of cooking & baking! 

 


 
 
Above the fridge we keep all extra baking supplies & drink mixes



Next up is the fridge & freezer. These are always stocked at any given time. We have two growing boys in our house who like to eat. I always like having things on hand to whip up any meal in an instant. if anything where to ever happen, we ALWAYS have plenty of food in the house!
 




And there you have it! These are just a few things I do to keep things flowing smoothly in our kitchen daily. I am always up for suggestions on how to get the most of our space, is there anything you do to keep organized in the kitchen? :)
 
 
I'll be back tomorrow for Friday Favorites!
Xo Jessica 




No comments:

Post a Comment