Wednesday, December 31, 2014

NYC or bust ;)

 
 
Early December I had the pleasure of going on a daytrip to the big apple with a few of my favorite girls! My best friend Samantha, my sister Stephanie & my cousin Autumn. Every year around Christmas my work hosts a bus trip, this is the first year I have gone because it usually falls on Dominick's birthday, but not this year!
 
 
The bus left my work around 6am and we learned a VERY important lesson for next year- if you want to sit with your friends get there about THIRTY minutes before the bus leaves :( All 4 of us ended up in different spots, I ended up in the VERY back row in front of the rest room. It wasn't so bad until people started using it, then I had a strong blue bowl smell in my nose, it was not fun.
 
THEN Autumn saved the day, she texted me saying how she was sitting by herself in the VERY front row of the bus with no one next to her...WHAT?! At the first chance I scooted right up there. Made for a much better rest of the trip.
 
My sister & Autumn had never been to the BIG CITY so it was so fun to go with them and see the city all decked out for Christmas!
 
I HATE the Lincoln Tunnel by the way and I am a HORRIBLE backseat driver (haha) so this was tough for me.
 

 
I sent this picture to Giovanni as we were sitting in STOPPED traffic in the middle of the tunnel, not my favorite by a long shot. However I think I may have preferred this over the RECORD speed we made through the tunnel when we went on vacation to Long Island over the summer. That was what, 60mph & about 4 minutes through the tunnel Giovanni?
 
Then before we knew it, the clock read 1045am and we were getting dropped off at Bryant Park for the day!! :) The city was so busy & the weather was beautiful, it was about 48 & Sunny! We got SO lucky! Last year, it rained the WHOLE DAY of the bus trip!
 


 
 
We didn't really have a "game plan" per say when we got to the city, we just knew we wanted to hit up Toys r us, Macys, Rockefeller Center & Times Square. I really wanted to go to the Famous Starlight Diner on Broadway but when we got there...the line was FOUR blocks long and we were starving :( Next year it just may be our first stop!
 





 
 
We walked the entire 8 hours we were in the city, lots of back and forth, we learned the hard way when your in the city between the buildings that the map on your phone loses you...A LOT! Next year we will map out our sights ahead of time and be sure to be prepared so we don't spend hours walking in circles ;) Sorry guys!
 




 
After walking around and ending up in a toy store, kid free...we decided to grab a bite to eat and didn't really want to eat at a chain. Who knew that would be so hard! We ended up at The Hard Rock Café as we don't have one at home but we were really hoping for a  little pub or some place to grab a great burger & a beer (suggestions are welcome) The wait was 2 1/2 Hours! We made our way to one of the two bars and before we knew it there was a table along the back side of the wall across from the bar that emptied, we were able to grab that spot and we enjoyed a few drinks and some good food!
 
 
 
We wanted to get one more shot of the tree all lit up at night but it was near impossible to get close too! The people surrounding it were crazy!
 
 
The tree is behind the white one, this is about as close as we could get! Like I said, people everywhere!
 
After standing in a 30 minute bathroom line it was time to get back in line for the bus and head home!
 
The bus ride home was better since I wasn't sitting in the back but pretty scary since I sat in the front!! There was a man on the bus who was a couple rows back from us. Autumn and I were in the front and Steph and Sam were directly behind us. It was about 11pm and I think the bus driver and I were the only ones awake in the front of the bus, he had turned the TV off since most people were sleeping. Sam was behind me with her feet out stretched in the aisle, THANK GOD. All of a sudden I heard a woman's voice yelling out a Man's name I turned around to see this man CHARGING the front of the bus!! He tripped over Sams foot and I grabbed his arm really hard, he was sleepwalking!! I was not gonna let us get in an accident by having him scare the bus driver as we are blazing down the highway! He yelled and swore at me as I probably scared the daylights out of him as your not supposed to wake a sleep walker! The rest of the ride everyone was pretty awake and shaken up! It was crazy!
 
All in  all it was a great trip & we cant wait to do it again next year!
 
Until next time,
Xo Jessica
 
PS- Happy New Year! See you all in 2015!! :)
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment