Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My favorite Mac & Cheese!

 
 
Happy Tuesday Y'all!
 
Today I am posting my FAVORITE mac & cheese recipe. This recipe has been used by everyone in my family for quite sometime going all the way back to my Great Aunt Marge!
 
Prep time: 20mins
cook time: 25mins
Oven temp: 350 degrees
 
Here's what ya need:
 


 
 
3c elbow macaroni
1 average size brick of cheese
2c of milk
4tbs of butter
4tbs of cornstarch
 
On top of being super easy, this recipe is also rather inexpensive, and when feeding boys that's a big PLUS!  
 

 
First your going to boil your macaroni according to the box directions. I usually make sure to cut the brick of cheese into small cubes during this time so I'm ready to make the rue when the noodles are done!
 



 
In a sauce pan on medium heat melt your butter, while that's melting whisk together your milk & cornstarch until smooth. Once your butter is melted slowly pour in your milk mixture. Whisk constantly on medium heat until you can feel the liquid thicken. Careful not to let it burn to the pan. Once the rue has thickened slowly start adding the cut up cheese and continue to stir until all of the cheese is melted. 
 

 
 

Next, your going to mix your macaroni & cheese sauce together and put in an oven safe dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. My mom bakes it for about 45 minutes but I do less as I think it makes it cheesier!
 


Let cool & Enjoy!
 
 
How do you make your mac & cheese?
Have you ever tried this recipe? What do you think? :)
 
 
 

Here's a little daily dose of cuteness for ya! :) Someone was clearly feeling better today & happy to get back to playing with his friends while Mommy & Daddy are working! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment